General Dentist Solutions: for quality root canal treatment in Ottawa
Retreatment of the Root Canal
Root canal treatment is often the only way to save a tooth whose pulp is infected. However, sometimes, despite the initial success of such a procedure, the disease returns and once again puts the viability of the tooth at risk. At this point, it may be necessary to perform a root canal. This treatment offered at General Dentist Solutions by your Ottawa dentistaims to treat the new infection.
Why do residual infections develop?
- The canals were not properly cleaned during the first treatment.
- This may be due to their narrowness or unusual shape. Some canals that are hard to detect are sometimes even simply forgotten;
- New bacterial infiltration due to delays in the placement of the final restoration (crown, filling or inlay);
- Failure to install or break in the final restoration, leading to saliva penetration into the tooth;
- The development of a new cavity that gradually deepens.
Are you considering getting dental implants to replace one or more of your missing teeth? If so, there are certain criteria that must be met in order for you to benefit from dental implants.Read more
Gum recession is a common problem among the population and can be caused by several factors. In all cases, the consequences are the same and can significantly affect oral and dental health.Read more
Root canal treatment
Root canal treatment is part of endodontics, a discipline of dentistry that focuses on the dental pulp, the central part of the teeth that contains the nerves and blood vessels.Read more